Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Milk Frothers
- Lavazza A Modo Mio (Editor’s Choice)
- Severin SM 3587 Induction Spuma 700 Plus (Luxury Choice)
- SGCoffee Electric Whisk (Best Value)
- Dallfoll Coffee Electric Whisk (Best Rechargeable)
- Miroco Electric Steamer (Best with Silent Operation)
- VAVA Electric Warmer (Best at Creating Different Textures)
- HadinEEon Electric Steamer (Best Hot and Cold)
- BODUM 1446-01 Latteo with Travel Mug
- Miroco Stainless Steel Steamer
- Zulay Kitchen Handheld Foam Maker
For many, coffees are part of their morning routine. It is one of the first things they will do to start their day. Coffee is also an incredibly social drink and great for meetings, special occasions, and gatherings. If you love making creamy coffee and similar drinks, the best milk frother the UK stores have to offer could be a valuable investment.
A milk frother is a simple device that whisks your milk – either hot or cold. This turns the milk into either foam or froth – like you would see in a latte in a coffee shop. Using these devices, you can turn your plain drinks into a work of art. They can also be useful for heating and experimenting with different types of milk-based beverages like almond milk and soya.
In this guide, we look at 10 fantastic milk frothers for your benefit. This includes the three main types of frother – automatic, handheld electric, and manual.
Milk Frother Reviews
The Lavazza A Modo Mio Milk Easy Frotheris our choice for the best milk frother in the UK. Lavazza is a trusted coffee brand and this product is amazing. It looks great, but it also has excellent functionality and a superb set of features. Everything about this model is spot on, and if you want a durable, multi-functional frother for your kitchen – it is a top pick.
This Lavazza milk frother has a simple feature that beeps twice so you know when the coffee milk is frothed, or the function is completed. As one of the best milk frothers, it has a decent capacity with 120ml for foam or 180ml for milk heating.
The Lavazza parts are all dishwasher safe so you can easily clean this device. The interior also has a non-stick coating which makes it easy to clear any excess milk. For portability and storage, this device is just 230 x 130 x 205mm and weighs 900g.
The Lavazza A Modo Mio is an excellent product, but it may not be perfect. For example, some milk frother reviews have reported this product eventually stopped working and a replacement was required. Also, it has a multi-function button, but it may not be clear which setting is selected when you press it.
- Has a stylish and compact design with a decent-length power cable
- Offers a good capacity for milk at a maximum of 120ml when frothing, and 180ml for heating
- The removable parts can be put in the dishwasher for cleaning
- Has a transparent lid so you can check on the frothing process
- Also has a multifunction button for different milk settings
- Some customers have found that this product stopped working eventually
- You may find it tricky knowing which settings to use on the multi-function button
The Severin SM 3587 Induction Milk Frother Spuma 700 Plus is a fantastic product. It is our pick for the best electric milk frother and also uses induction heating technology to ensure that your milk does not burn. This stylish product is also available in three different colours – black, white, and silver, all of which are made from stainless steel.
For versatility, this milk frother has 13 functions and you can quickly adjust the milk temperature. Additionally, it has excellent controls including an easy-select-switch and OLED display. This means you can cycle through the settings and easily select the coffees or drinks you want to make.
For coffees, cold foam, and other drinks, we like the 360-degree ring light that glows either red or blue to show the current temperature function. It is also quite lightweight and will look great in any kitchen.
This Severin product is an excellent choice but that doesn’t mean it is flawless. For example, this model may not be the quietest during operation. Also, some may find that the instruction manual is not well-written and difficult to understand.
- Has a whopping 13 integrated programs for different frothing settings
- Also has adjustable temperature settings from 45°C to 65°C
- Has a clear OLED display and a simple selection system for the settings
- Made from durable materials such as stainless steel
- Also has an LED ring light to show the warm or cold status of the milk
- Some could find these types of milk frother noisy during operation
- You may find the instruction manual difficult to understand
The SGCoffee Coffee Frother Electric Whisk is perfect if you are just starting out in the world of coffee and barista drinks. If you have little experience but want to start creating different milk-based drinks, this could be an ideal option. The wand is easy to use, and it has a powerful motor capable of achieving a gloriously rich foam in approximately 30 seconds.
This handheld device is great for home use, and for those who don’t have much space. You can easily use it to create coffee, iced drinks, chocolate drinks, and even milkshakes. It also comes with a double spring head whisk, which means that you always have one ready to use if the other is being cleaned.
You can also use this device for home baking and food preparation – for example, you can use it for egg whites, smoothies, and cocktails! It also has an ergonomic grip that is comfortable to hold, and the batteries are easy to replace.
This SG Coffee Whisk is a solid choice that offers great value, however, it could still present some minor issues. Firstly, like other whisks, you could find that the milk and froth could spray and cause a mess. Also, some may find that the whisk head is difficult to detach from the motor unit when you want to clean it.
- Can froth milk in less than 30 seconds with the whisking function
- Has a double spring head whisk which can mix a greater volume of milk
- No cables required and is fully battery operated with 2x AA batteries
- Lightweight and portable – can easily be taken on travels and trips
- The motor is powerful with an RPM of 19000 which is great for different milk types
- You may find that this frother can cause milk spray
- Some may find the whisk heads difficult to remove
The Dallfoll Coffee Frother Electric Whisk is an excellent handheld device. If you don’t want to continually buy disposable batteries, you will love the rechargeable Lithium battery of this product. It makes the device simple to use and gives a no-fuss approach to drink making. Aside from the 1200mAh rechargeable battery, it also has a versatile set of features including two whisk heads and an array of settings.
This frother is straightforward and has a detachable mixer. As a result, you can quickly clean the motor unit and the whisk heads. For control, this device has one button that you can use to cycle through the different speed settings and to turn it on and off. The speed options also allow you to easily create a variety of drinks. For home use and creating quick frothy coffee, this is a great buy.
The Dallfoll Coffee Frother is an excellent product. However, it could still have a few problems. Firstly, on the highest setting, you may find that the milk and foam could spray so be prepared to clean up. Also, some may find that the 6-hour charging time for the Lithium battery is quite excessive, although you don’t need to buy AA batteries.
- Has a detachable whisking head that is made from stainless steel
- The frother wand is also made from durable, food-grade ABS
- Has a relatively low-noise motor that is quiet and easy to use
- Comes with a rechargeable Lithium battery that takes approximately 6 hours to charge
- Has a simple button operation with three-speed settings
- You may find that on the highest setting, the milk could spray
- Some may find the charging time for the Lithium battery is quite long
If you value your peace and quiet, the Miroco Electric Milk Steamer is the perfect option. It utilises a silent-operation motor so you can make frothy milk without the associated noise. This device also has a great design and looks fantastic with its stainless steel exterior and non-stick coatings that make cleaning easy.
Using this device, you can froth warm or cold milk with three textures – cold, dense, or airy. This allows you to create a range of different warm and cold drinks including delicious hot chocolate.
Two whisks are provided which gives you a spare if the primary one breaks. In addition to the relatively quiet operation, this Miroco frother is incredibly safe. It is equipped with Strix Temperature Controls, and is listed with the ETL.
We think the design is also stylish and it has a large handle that makes it comfortable to hold. The button panel is clear and easy to operate, too.
The Miroco Electric Milk Steamer is an excellent silent-operation model, but it could still have a few small issues. Firstly, it may have a limited capacity. If you want to create a larger mug of coffee, it may not be enough. Also, you could find that this milk frother easily overflows and can cause spillages if not used carefully.
- Can create frothy milk in three different textures from airy, dense, and cold
- Includes two whisks that are easy to remove and clean
- Has a stylish design with an exterior made of stainless steel
- The whisking motor has an incredibly quiet operation
- Is ETL-listed and has Strix temperature controls for greater safety
- If you put too much milk in, it could overflow when frothing
- Some may find that the capacity isn’t enough for a large mug of coffee
Part of creating milk froth is experimenting with different textures for various drink types like hot chocolates and cappuccino. The VAVA Milk Frother and Warmer does exactly this and gives you several setting options for different milk textures. It is a well-built product that is relatively easy to use and also has a quiet operation. For the creative would-be barista, this is a great choice.
The VAVA milk frother can essentially do what a nespresso or an espresso machine does, with less time and effort. It allows you to create frothed milk in three different textures – warm dense, hot airy, or cold dense. Also, it operates fast and heats for up to 65℃ in less than 2 minutes. It has a 115ml capacity for frothing and 240ml for heating.
We love that this milk frother has two different whisks for various drinks such as hot chocolate and espressos. The whisk heads are also easier to clean and are dishwasher safe. This product also meets international safety standards and has an automatic switch-off function once you are finished.
This VAVA milk frother is a great product but it may not be infallible. For example, it doesn’t take much to make this device leak. And for the best results, you must be careful not to overfill it. Also, when reading the instructions, you may find that the cleaning section is not clear enough or well-written.
- Can froth the milk in three textures – cold dense, warm dense, or hot airy
- Can heat milk in 2 minutes
- Has a non-stick coating so no trace elements of milk are left on the interior
- Also has an ergonomic spout to help reduce spillage when pouring
- The mixer motors have a silent operation
- You may find that this Barista milk frother could leak if you overfill it
- Some may find that the cleaning instructions are not clear enough
The HadinEEon Electric Steameris our pick for the best milk heater and frother. If you intend to create both hot and cold drinks like a flat white coffee, lattes, iced coffee, or a cappuccino – this is a great option. You can easily heat milk but it also has a fantastic milk frothing function and a great design.
This automatic device will heat the milk and allow you to create coffee shop-quality frothed milk with relative ease. It is also great for cold milk due to the various settings and texture options. We also like that it has a large capacity interior and is capable of holding up to 130ml of milk for foaming or 300ml for heating. Pus, there is a clear fill line so you should never overfill it and cause milk spillages.
This device also offers a quiet operation due to silent motor technology. The exterior design looks stylish and it has a large handle that makes it easy to hold and pour drinks from.
This HadinEEon milk frother is a solid choice for both hot and cold milk, however, it may not be perfect. Firstly, the instructions may not be the best and you could find them unclear when learning how to clean the device. Also, the exterior casing may feel a little cheap and care must be taken when using it.
- Can make hot or cold froth for cappuccinos or iced coffee
- Has a silent motor that offers an incredibly quiet operation
- The jug can be detached easily and parts removed for cleaning
- Can heat and froth milk in less than one minute
- Decent capacity and can froth up to 130ml of milk at once
- You could find that the instructions are unclear, especially for cleaning
- Some may find the exterior casing is not made from the best materials
TheBODUM 1446-01 Latteo milk frotheris a simple device to use and a great manual frother. If you want a quick and convenient operation with minimal fuss, this is a solid option. This product is also great for travel as it comes with a high-quality stainless steel vacuum travel mug so you can enjoy hot drinks on the go.
This milk frother is made from borosilicate, heat-resistant glass. As a result, you can use it for various purposes including cold milk, hot milk, and hot chocolate. It uses a simple plunging mechanism and there is no electronics or whisking motion involved.
The lid is made from durable material, and it has a slip-proof rubber band around the lower part so it grips firmly into the glass. Also, the materials are dishwasher safe. We like the stainless steel vacuum mug this comes with, too. It makes the perfect travel accessory or for those who enjoy long walks and hiking.
This BODUM milk frother is an excellent portable option but it may not be perfect. For example, some customers have reported the glass has broken, and extreme care must be given when handling it. Also, you must be careful with the milk levels as this frother can easily spill and overflow when plunging or pouring.
- Made from heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- All parts are dishwasher safe which makes the items easy to clean
- Comes with a stainless steel vacuum travel mug
- The frother has a simple operation with a plunger action
- Has a deep rim to prevent foam from escaping the spout
- Some customers have reported that the glass eventually cracked
- You may find that some of the frothy milk does escape if you overfill it
The Miroco Stainless Steel Milk Steamer is one of the most stylish products on this list and it looks superb. Aside from its design, it also offers great functionality, has a simple operation and a good set of features. If you want a space-saving option that is also incredibly safe to use, this is a viable choice.
This milk frother can easily make drinks like hot chocolate, cappuccino, and non-dairy drinks, too. As easy as pressing a button, you can have any of these – thanks to the four different settings and the variety of frothed milk textures, too.
For cleaning and maintenance, it has a well-insulated double wall that is easy to wipe. The interior also has a non-stick coating which means you can quickly clean any leftover frothed milk. It has several safety features and is ETL-listed, too. And, it comes with an automatic shut-off feature.
We also like the ergonomic grip and the streamlined design of the unit that looks great and is easy to handle. The Miroco milk steamer is an excellent product but it could present some minor problems. Firstly, as with many frothing machines, if you overfill the milk by even the slightest, it will spill. Also, you must be thorough when cleaning. Otherwise, you may find that congealed and spoiled milk could build up at the bottom of the holder.
- Has four different settings for warm or cold milk
- Also can froth the milk to three different textures – airy foam, dense foam, and cold milk froth
- The interior has a double wall for easy cleaning
- Comes with an additional cleaning brush and wet cloth for maintenance
- Stylish and streamlined design that will take up minimum kitchen space
- You could find that this black milk frother can spill easily
- Thorough cleaning is required, otherwise milk may congeal at the bottom
The Zulay Kitchen milk frother is a great handheld device that gives you precise control when creating frothy milk. It looks stylish and is available in more than 10 different designs. Also, it will take up minimum space in your kitchen and comes with a small but durable stand. If you want a quick and accessible device to create frothed milk, this is a good option.
Available in a range of stylish colours including black, blue, pink, green, and orange – this Zulay foam maker is capable of achieving rich creamy frothed milk in seconds. Also, it is highly portable and weighs just 160g. This means that you could potentially take it on holidays.
The main whisking unit is also easy to clean and has a durable surface that can be wiped. The metal stand is of high quality and can be cleaned quickly, too. The whisking motor is quite powerful and it can easily froth cold milk for hot chocolate, cappuccino, or other drinks. We also like the simple one-button operation.
Although this is an excellent milk frother, it may still have some minor issues. For example, some people have found their packaging damaged on delivery. More concerning, some customers have also received different brand items instead of the Zulay product on delivery.
- Can be used to mix various drinks like matcha tea, keto coffee, and more
- Comes with a durable metal stand for easy storage
- Should work on multiple milk types including hazelnut, soya, and almond
- Has an easy-to-operate whisking function
- Available in a great range of stylish colours
- Some customers have reported receiving damaged packaging on delivery
- Some have also reported receiving different brand products
How to Choose a Suitable Milk Frother?
We hope you now have a clear idea of the different milk frothers available. The design and features of these products can vary greatly. As a result, you may not know which is the best choice for your circumstance and needs.
If you read on, we have listed the main features or considerations you should make when choosing a milk frother. Also, before you check this list, think about what types of drink you want to make. Understanding this will help you to determine what features you require.
Manual vs Automatic vs Handheld Electric
There are three main types of milk frother when not considering coffee machines. Many coffee machines can perform this function automatically, but not all may want one of these devices. The three basic types are – manual, automatic, and handheld electric.
They typically use a plunger feature similar to a percolator. You simply pour the milk into the container and push the plunger up and down for the milk frothing process. These devices are usually the quickest and easiest to use. However, they have no milk heating function.
Automatic frothers are generally a solid unit that contains an electric whisk inside. You simply pour milk into the container and switch the device on. It will perform the milk frothing function automatically. Many of these devices can also heat milk and usually have many different settings.
Handheld Milk Frothers
These are also known as wands. These devices are basically a small handheld whisk. For milk frothing, they are easy and quick to use. A common flaw, however, is that they can cause spray as they offer no covering to the milk.
Temperature Range and Strength
Most milk frothers will have different settings so you can make different drinks like a real barista in a coffee shop. Firstly, the frother should have different strength settings for the froth or foam. Typically, the three most popular settings are airy foam, dense foam, and cold milk froth. These settings will allow you to create a range of drinks.
Also, if the device has a heating function, it must heat the milk sufficiently so it is pleasant to drink. Ideally, it will need to heat the milk to at least 45 degrees or more.
You should also look at how much milk the frother can hold. Usually, the device will state two different values – one for frothed milk, and one for hot milk. This is because the volume of frothed milk and hot milk differs greatly.
You will find that the frothed milk volume is much less as the froth expands. Typically, you can expect these products to hold 120ml of frothed milk or more. You should look at the capacities so you know how many drinks you can expect to make from each fill of the device.
Additionally, you must look at how easy the milk frother is to clean. This is highly important for a milk frother. If you cannot easily clean the device, you could leave excess milk that will eventually congeal and spoil. This can be unhealthy, plus it smells disgusting.
Ideally, the best milk frothers should have removable parts that can be washed. Also, the main compartment where milk is poured should be accessible and you should be able to thoroughly rinse it. Some milk frothers also have dishwasher safe parts which can make the cleaning process much easier.
Size and Weight
Fortunately, most milk frothers are relatively small and lightweight. You should not have an issue with storage for these products. Still, it is advisable to check the overall dimensions and weight of your device if you have limited space in your kitchen.
Also, it is advisable to check the power source and length of any power cables. Typically, automatic frothers use mains power and have a power cable. The handheld devices usually run on either AA or rechargeable batteries.
If you love experimenting with different drinks, milk frothers are the perfect accompanying product. Using the best milk frothers, you can try out different drinks like hot chocolates, iced coffee, lattes, and more. A milk frother can perform the same function as a coffee machine for a fraction of the cost. Also, it can allow you to step-up your barista-style coffee beverages. For a serious coffee drinker, this is a must-have product.
Any one of these amazing milk frothers we have listed above would make an excellent alternative to a coffee machine. Our choice for the best milk frother in the UK, however, is the Lavazza A Modo Mio Milk Easy Frother. This is a fantastic model, is easy to use, and has a great range of settings and features. Lavazza excel in the coffee and drinks market and this product is perfect for making frothy milk and other exciting drinks.